I sat next to a Susan Wen during my first science class in high school, who then introduced me to Priscilla. It wasn't earth science, nor was it biology, or physics. It was some stupid science class that was required during our Bergtraum years. During sophomore year, I got to know Priscilla very well, so I sat next to her in Biology when we had Mr. Selbst. It was in hs when I met my first love and with Priscilla's assistance I was able to proclaim this love. She was our cupid. Love letters were exchanged between my then boyfriend, but at the same time, gossip letters were exchanged btwn Pris and I. Those were the good ole days. Pris and I had our own ways of writing to each other, whether it was backwards, spirals, even ways in which you would have to view with a mirror. I always believed we had a lot in common because like me she also went to a private school during her elementary school years. Then, when she went away for college to Lehigh, i think we grew a bit distant only because I was so naive and a bit immature. I remember getting into a huge argument with my then boyfriend who was good friends with pris, and he decided to go to lehigh to visit her. I was mad about his impulsiveness but perhaps it was also a sign then, that we weren't on the same page. There was a sorority ball and I was Priscilla's date. It was a great time because of her hospitality. After college, she moved to PA and i only visited her once. When she moved back to the city, I saw her more often and i was excited about that. We've done a lot together since because she inspires me. Vegas, Miami, skydiving, and greece.. You're always on the go, and there were times where we headbudded, but that's only how friendships grow..
Priscilla, I know we've reached another chapter in life with you moving so far away, and I didnt' want to start a sob fest yesterday..but i will truly miss you my dear friend. You've taught me so much, and we've seen each other grow from girls to ladies.. We've spent half our lives together and more will come..but I wish you the very best..and i know that he will take good care of you. and although you're in another country..i'll stand by you..mentally and emotionally..
*cue song* I'll stand by you" by Pretenders
Priscilla, I know we've reached another chapter in life with you moving so far away, and I didnt' want to start a sob fest yesterday..but i will truly miss you my dear friend. You've taught me so much, and we've seen each other grow from girls to ladies.. We've spent half our lives together and more will come..but I wish you the very best..and i know that he will take good care of you. and although you're in another country..i'll stand by you..mentally and emotionally..
*cue song* I'll stand by you" by Pretenders

No comments:
Post a Comment